Anger. Makes me want to hit things and sometimes hit people. People can be the most frustrating things. Because sometimes it's not the people that's the problem but the system and numbers. I found out today that my drama class has most likely been canceled for next year and my only option is to take History. I feel like my creative process has come to a screeching halt. It's not, but it feels like it has. I really had to remember how to control my anger today. Because really, it was no one's fault. So I did my breathing exercises and thought about other things because there was nothing in my power that I could do about it so why be angry?
In the same class today I made amends with someone. And we were talking about our creative culminatings. Funny enough they were almost identical but not quite. So we laughed and discussed and shared our thoughts and my emotions about the disruption in my life slowly were put on the back burner.
Over the course of the year I have discovered little things that allow me to be in control of my emotions, which sometimes mean letting them out.
And it struck me today when in Drama someone told me "you look upset all the time and I feel bad but I don't know what to say." I think I need to work a bit more on my emotions. Because I seem to be letting them all out it that class.
No comments:
Post a Comment